Shaped with substantial input from industry professionals and secondary and post-secondary educators, the curriculum incorporates best practices identified by research:
- Project-based learning experiences help students master concepts and connect classroom learning to personal interests and career exploration.
- Performance assessments provide evidence of critical thinking, conceptual connections, and mastery of knowledge and skills.
- Appropriate technology supports learning as students learn how the fundamentals of art lay the foundation for effective use of digital tools.
- Units in both courses are built around essential framing questions and specific understandings (learning goals).
- Specific structured activities support development of 21st century skills including leadership and teamwork, communication, problem-solving, flexibility, and personal responsibility.